Saturday, February 12, 2011

And the journey begins.....

Well, after days of travel I have arrived safely in the beautiful capital city of Port Vila, Vanuatu. For those of you that are new to this blog and this adventure, here is the brief....Every year a few senior Midwifery students venture to the South Pacific to learn, help, teach (other Nursing students), and complete their "baby catching" numbers (100 are needed total, to sit for the Washington liscense exam). We have a lovely relationship with the sister Midwives here at Vila Central Hospital. The population of Port Vila is 38,000 and I am on one of the 83 islands that make up the Y-shaped chain of Vanuatu. In this blog stories are shared about daily life and hospital adventures. I feel so very blessed to be apart of this and exchange with these women. I am also thankful to my mentors and those that have come before me in this journey.
Usually when I travel abroad I like to disconnect from phones, computers, etc. so "blogging" will be a very new experience for me. I hope if you are reading this you are well, and I hope to have many stories to post along the way. Kate

No comments: